Monday, October 24, 2005

Will you remember my name?

[Quote of the post] "I'm Bryan Ong, and this is my - no wait..." -Samuel Chan
[Song of the post] Remember - Ember McLain, Danny Phantom

Well, I can't believe I'm blogging... again... but something has happened that I feel I want to blog about.

Well, it's not so much as it's me, more like it's... me. Okay, stop beating around the bush and get to the point.

Well, I didn't get the PC award, unexpectedly. I dunno what the PC award is supposed to be given out for, but by what Mdm Lena Yeo said (about how my class should vote me for the PC award) I have gotten some premisconceptions (if there even is such a word). So I got my hopes up and everything, kinda like OM World Finals (oh, BTW Ms Loh didn't want her badges so she gave them to us - and I got a cool one I wanted! Yay! And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ms Loh and Mr Quek whose birthday is tomorrow.) when you're expecting to win something but you get a sudden, disappointing blow that hits you in the face like a ton of dead fishsticks.

Yeah, so, well, all my year's niceness didn't pay off... again... which is something I don't really care about. I mean, it's nice to know that you got a shiny certificate to prove that they actually helped, but without it all you are relying on is just your memory and their memory. And memories don't last forever.

Argh... I've got conflicting views about this. I mean, what I feel and what I know I'm supposed to feel are fighting inside me like rabid werewolves in a cage. One one hand, I'm feeling this, but I know I'm not supposed to be feeling this, and I get all... angry with myself, I guess.

Maybe I just need some appreciation. Maybe I'm getting all the appreciation I need; I'm just not noticing it. Maybe this is all good training for Prefect life next year, where you're overworked, underpaid and under-appreciated. *sigh*

I guess my life can be summed up in Bowling for Soup's Almost. I dream great things, try to do great things, but in the end, still end up second best, blocked in the shadow of someone standing in the spotlight.

There's much to talk about, but it's getting late and I've got emceeing tomorrow. So, congrats, Kwong and Louis. =)

No comments: