Friday, October 28, 2005

Awards of Appreciation

[Quote of the post]
And all my class
Naphtalians forever
Didn't think three feet would seem so far - My Class - Parody
[Song of the post] My Class - Parody

Well, that's all folks. The final curtain has been drawn. That's all she wrote. It's the beginning of the end. There ain't nothing left. Zilch. Nada. We're done. Finished.

The last day of school has come and gone by, and it's like the shifting of the tables to our new classes signed the death warrant. There's no going back. Nothing short of inventing a time-travelling machine can ever take us back to the way things were.

Today was another one of those best days of my life. We had a final memorial service for 2.12 Naphtali, and as Herrick put it (I was never a one for speeches - and quoting), "When it boils down to it, it's us which make this class special." I couldn't have said it better myself. (Oh yeah and we all sang my parody and the feeling was great and everything and I can't believe everyone would be singing and I felt so touched... =) ) So I guess the basic thing to do now is to thank everyone in 2.12 Naphtali for being in 2.12 Naphtali! As with all cases, we start the beginning with...

Ang Seng Wei. You have been a great friend and spreader of lame jokes. (Whoo! Lameness!) You may be small but you don't mind people joking about your height, which is good, 'cos you need to laugh about yourself sometimes. (I do it all the time, like now! Haha!) You've been someone I can talk to, and you also turn to me when you need help. Thanks. And this morning, when you said the song made you cry; I don't know whether you were joking or not, but I felt this powerful feeling of emotion and knew that you were a true friend and Naphtalian. =)

Boey Yang. You're not as bad as some people think you are. Playing Monopoly with Team Slack that day made me realise that. Perhaps it shows more with your inner circle of friends. Anyways, it has been really enjoyable with you in 2.12 (especially being the target of many jokes XD).

Peter Chan. Heh. You're closer to Team Slack than to me, but that doesn't say much. I've valued your advice as well as your humour, and it's really hard to lose such a friend. I'll miss you. =(

Yong Jun. You're the first scholar I've come to know and love, and even though your English may not be very good, your good humour still shines through. And thanks for all those funky emails! Yeah! But next time, don't send me those Malay ones... I can't read Malay. XD

Job Chong. As the most valued technical and practical member of the OM team, you deserve ample recognition. We may not have been very close, but you're still good for a laugh, anytime, anywhere. The bling is strong in you, young one. XD

Hsieh Wen. As far as good friends go, you're great. I appreciate the daily fuzzies and the Chinese help. You're a great friend I wouldn't want to lose. =)

Zhang Quan. Lol, we have much in common this year. Prefect Selection Camp, MPac, and lots of other stuff that I can't quite remember. If it wasn't for you, our class party wouldn't have happened, and I thank you for your wonderful organization skills. You're always happy, and seems to influence people around you, including me. Yay! =D

Henry Liu. I have to say, you're one of my greatest friends. Although you're continouosly stressed by your various and numerous commitments, you still strive on. Everything I've done with you: OM, Prefects, ISO; we worked well together. You've changed 2.12 a lot, and it's very sad we're parting. You shall always be my friend. =)

Isaac Lim. H'oh no! Your "deafness" provides a certain comic relief in class that I really appreciate. Thanks for all those de-stressing hugs, Snakey Lem and "A little to hard knock on the head, eh?" XD Your creativity in OM was invaluable, and your singing roXx0rz! It's gonna be darn hard to forget you, I swear, even if I tried. XP

Jarrel Seah. Thanks for all those daily phone calls about homework. Thanks for helping me in math. Thanks for your superspeed speech and you own brand of humour. Thanks for changing 2.12 by learning logarithms before anyone else, and solving math problems in half the time it takes for others to. Thanks for being such a great friend. =)

Jeremy Kong. Another well-known friend! Who helps me in math too! And of course, your mathematical/scientific/logical (delete where applicable) view on life had influenced me greatly. You don't conceal your emotions, so there's this honest bond between us that can't be broken. You've been a wonderful friend, and changed 2.12 drastically (in a good way). =)

Joshua Rene. We may not be very close, but OM has brought us slightly closer. You're good for a chat or a laugh now and then, and 2.12 would never had been if you and Gid weren't laughing so much during break. It's the noise you make that makes the class. =P

Kevin Low. You've been a wonderful chairman and great leader. Your brand of humour is the most hilarious and it's great that you know so many people. Stay happy, though! XD
Edit: I have no idea who wrote that. Someone must have hijacked my blog. None of it's true, so just ignore it.

Sheu Zhi. Well, there's a lot to say about you but I don't know how to say it. You provide a different form of humour that... ceases to amaze. XD You still have your philosophical side, though, and it's nice discussing with you. I sure will miss you. =(

Louis Lim. A friend till the end. You've helped me a lot, joked with me a lot, and MPac brought us together. I envy your art skills - you manage to draw with such naturalness and spontaenity and they're really nice too! =D If you're reading this in Malaysia, can you remember to send me I'm Still Here? Thanks. XD

Chin Chuan. Your partnership with Louis to create some of the funniest scenes is really stuck in my memory. Even though we sat a class apart, we'll always be tight (i.e. friends). Don't let the mainstream get you down! YOU CAN KEEP YOUR SCHOLARSHIP! YEAH! XD

Darrell Neo. Another daily fuzzier. Well, it's been a great year with you and your laughter. You're a great friend and wonderful card-partner, Lol. Just stop stealing my pencil-box or my cat and we'll call it even. XP

Bryan Ong. A great fan friend and avid TNN critic! Woohoo! And it's thanks to you that I learnt so much about X-Box and Playstation. It's been a wonderful year with you. =)

Herrick Ong: Philosopher. 'Nuff said.
Seriously, you've been a great vice-chair and even better friend. Helping me with personal emotional problems, helping me control the class, helping me out with parodies and puns... there's not much more a friend can ask for. And you're gonna have ta live my life for a year as Chairman, ha! Many things can't be expressed with words, and my appreciation is one of them. Thank you Herrick. =)

Samuel Teo. You're good for a laugh anyday, and sitting beside you during the exam period and talking to you, even that little bit, makes me appriciate you more. Monopoly was fun too! XD

Shaun Lee. Oh my word. This is gonna be tough. Uh... your photoshop skills can make any picture look like Louis's (or even better - sorry Louis XD). Thanks for helping me out with my emotional problems too, even if it was only stopping to listen. 2.12 would never have been the same without their Archbishop, and your creative contributions are greatly appreciated. Thanks you so much! =)

Sidhant Sirikumar. You've been a great friend, and as another OMer, we have a common experience. Your name will ever be synonymous with Potatoes and Monkeys. =)

Tan Jun Yi. yharlothar! Jun Yi, I like you for who you are, a friend. You seem to let loose in class, but by your blog it can be seen that you have that serious, sensitive side. If it wasn't for you, there'd be no "Jun Yi! Shirt!", no "Jun Yi! Wake up!" and no "Jun Yi! Are you sleeping inside again?" before locking the door. I will definitely miss you, and you lame jokes. Thanks for lending me FF8 for the holidays. =)

Darren Wee. You may not have talked much through the year, but I like talking to you on MSN. We need to talk again, so please come online more often, I'll see if I can help. =)

Kevin Wong. You have been a great friend, both in and out of school. I think everyone appreciates your kindness and compassion, and your optimistic personality, which has helped me a couple of times. I've said a lot of stuff before, and I can't remember it now, so just another great big thank you! =)

Gideon Yap. Our very own class bouncer. What will I do now you're in a different class? Your type of humour is very hilarious, and it's mostly because of you that 2.12 is what it is today. I'll miss you, your laughter, your jokes, your stealing my jacket. =(

Daniel Yee. It's really sad we're being split too. You're a wonderful friend and even though you may a bit negative at time, I doubt you mean it. Words can't describe how much I'll miss you. =(

Yu Weihua. Hua, you've been a great friend too, and player of Duel Masters (Lol). Even you may be closer to Team Slack, we'll still be tight. =)

It's really painful for our class to have to split up like this. Like Herrick said, it's us that makes 2.12 Naphtali 2005 what it really is. Thanks to everyone in 2.12, you really made my year.

No comments: