Sunday, November 06, 2005

Death / Life

[Quote of the post] cynic (n.) disappointed idealism.
[Song of the post] I Started a Joke - Bee Gees

Yeah, well, the title is one of those word pictures... I know there's a real name for them, but I can't remember what it is... yeah, well, it's "Life after Death"...

[Song of the post]
I started a joke, which started the whole world crying,
but I didn't see that the joke was on me, oh no.

I started to cry, which started the whole world laughing,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
and I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that I'd said.

Til I finally died, which started the whole world living,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
and I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that I'd said.

'Til I finally died, which started the whole world living,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was one me.

-----
Yeah, well, I'd been thinking, what would I be in ten years time? Twenty? Fourty? Would my friends still remember me? Would I remember them? What's my aim in life?

Currently my aim in life is to make everybody happy, but I realise that I can't do that. At least touch the lives of those around me? I could try. Or maybe I could aim for being the best person I can be?

Someone from somewhere once said that the best way to judge a man is to listen to what they say at his funeral. Well, what would happen if I wasn't alive tomorrow? (*Touch wood, I hope it doesn't happen...*) What would my friends say? What would my family say? What would anyone who knew knows me say? (Must remember - I'm not dead yet. Use the present tense.) I don't think it would be very good. I don't think I'm the very best person I can be just yet.

Another thing I'm worrying about: what's my job gonna be? Ms. Yvonne Lim (major subject of bloggers lately) said that "you should get a job that sevrves the community". So, what if you want a job that follows your passion? Or you get a job that totally sucks with a lousy boss and obnoxious co-workers? What then?

Oh, and the song. Well, something more near-future. Singapore's been cracking down on bloggers, and the school as well (as in, the school's been cracking down on bloggers, not Singapore's been cracking down on schools as well >_<). Well, so, what would happen if TNN was found out? Yeah, I know some other authors say they're writing TNN as well, and they'll back me up or at least they're in the same sinking boat, but... will that really help?

*Sigh* I dunno what's come over me lately. Ah well. Goodnight.

No comments: