Wednesday, January 02, 2008

My life is hell

Life sucks.

But that's life isn't it? Deal with it. A whole series of 'Deal with it."s until you die.

People talk about anthropology. Going to the same cafe and every day for a couple months, and just look at people. Takes me just one day to see that orientation is just primitivity in disguise. I read the Midnighters trilogy (sans book two) recently. All this stuff we're doing, is just the same tribal things the cavemen used to do: accepting newcomers into their tribe, fostering the sense of safety in numbers, exhibiting the humiliation and danger of not being one of the pack. Bloody conformists.

There's so many things I had in my head that I've lost track of them all and have no idea how to put into words. There was something about separation, and how our class was more like a family to me than my relatives; something about me being the screwed up one not supposed to be in the world; something about me being conscious enough to acknowledge that all this is some stupid cry for attention or something. Ignorance is bliss.

I'm probably going to become a writer when I grow up, if I live that long. Which means I probably don't need to go to school anymore. I am pretty damn sure that you can learn everything and more, on the Internet. More than school will teach you. I have a feeling that in the future, that's what people will be doing: Internet schooling. You can have a class full of friends, going up all the way from K1 to Uni. Friends forever. Friends... forever.

Friends are my only angels, and I'm going to lose them all.
The Edna Man

No comments: