Friday, January 25, 2008

And it's all right now...

Jumping Jack flash is a gasp gasp gasp...

Hm. I haven't blogged in a while. Time to update my public diary I guess.

MY BOOK. The DC encyclopaedia I ordered from Amazon on the night before Christmas (I'm not joking) FINALLY ARRIVED but my mom wasn't in to collect it. So after waiting a whole MONTH when it was advertised FOURTEEN DAYS I finally have to wait THREE MORE while they find the package which got lost because the postman didn't write the Article Reference Number on the collection slip which was posted in the mailbox because there wasn't anybody home to collect the parcel. That was a stupidly long sentence, wasn't it.

What else... oh yeah, my O level results. My L1 is SIX! So with CCA, Hicher Chinese and Affiliation School, my O Levels score is practically ZERO! Well, C6 is... not to say I expected it, but I didn't think I'd get a B anyhow. Pessimism rocks. I didn't think I'd get that high, and I didn't. You can only be right or pleasantly surprised. I didn't even cry. Hah. Oh yeah. I BEAT BOEY! =P K sorry.

Uh... new class. Well, 5.2's all really nice, and I'm trying to fit in and like/be liked by everyone, and I'm like the nosiest guy in class along with Jarrel Seah and Justin Poh o_o Uh but yeah, everyone's really nice, and I think we're staying as an intact class 'cos everyone got good O-Level results! Yay!

Hui Jun's got a funky new blog. It's kinda strange 'cos he's one of the few people I know outside the circles of my class. He write nice poetry, better than any adult writer, 'cos it's not complicated and people (in this case, I) can understand the point he's trying to make SO CLEARLY. Isn't that what's important in any form of presentation, making sure that your point is brought across clearly? And, oh my gosh, they actually RHYME, which is the whole point of poems in the first place, because so many other poets are phonetically impaired and can't rhyme their stanzas.

Which reminds me. I'm thinking of starting a Comedy CCA called Laugh out Loud. Think it will work? It's either that or I hold a course for teachers (or maybe students) and uh. try to propagate. the art of humour. I have no idea whether it'll work or not; just an idea for now.

I really miss GEP and 4.9, and all I'm doing now is just being in denial and pushing aside the pain by trying to be funny and trying to move on but I know it's just an illusion of the senses, a veil of humanity over my tortured soul, lost among the sould of others going the other way. Why make friends if you have to keep making new ones? Why hold someone dear when you have to move on eventually? Let no one depend on you, and likewise you depend on no one, for then you have true freedom.

Which reminds me. Siddhartha is emo. And ... is ellipsis, not --, contrary to the claims of certain teachers.

(Uh, I'm going to expound on the earlier point as an afterthought. Our CT this year said that if we wanted to change our subjects we should choose according to what we want, not because we don't like the teachers or our friends are in different classes. Well, what if what I want is to stay friends with my old classmates? Apparently, no man is an island, but we seem to need to move through friends rather quickly, don't we? On the basis that people relate based on common experiences, and we drift apart when that common experience is gone, don't all friends become acquaintences inevitably?)

Yeah, teachers. My class got some pretty awesome teachers this year, but most of them are cancelled out by some who are at the other extreme. Like ToK, Econs... English originally, but it got better. =D Chem is awesome, Physics, Math are awesome, and Chinese is just EPIC. I've never had such fun in Chinese lessons before. You know, I think this year, I might actually become interested in Chinese! *gasp*

By the way, the ToK course companion is such a good book. I finally understand what existential angst is: it's the realisation that there is nothing stopping you from killing yourself (or doing practically anything) right now except things like, societal expectations and stuff. It's kinda cool. It's so easy to understand and read...

Hmm what else. Hui Jun's really emo, 'cos he says he isn't fitting in. And the whole thing about being conscious of your unconsciousness came up again. Like, when your imagination is very active and you're conscious of the fact that an argument has three sides - your side, my side, and the right side - and when you're conscious enough to see all four sides then you start questioning your intentions to see if you're really doing them because of logical reasoning, or subconscious affecting your rationalism, or if it's your subconscious affecting your conscious to think about the subsconscious in the first place. You get the idea that it's all horribly confusing, and very... existentially angsty.

Well... yeah.
The Edna Man

No comments: