Sunday, January 06, 2008

Highlights of 2007

I was just reading through my blog posts of last year. And so now I'm going to put all my angsty thoughts of yesteryear in one place.

"I don't expect any help. Come on, this is Singapore."

So let's all shut up now. Even if it's wrong, or we don't believe or agree with it, keep it to yourself. Let the unjust go unspoken; let the problem go unsaid. Children should be seen and not heard. Everything that is disagreeable, or contrary, or different, just keep quiet. Silence for survival; survival above all.

A sock is a symbol, as is the act of not buying it. Symbols are given power by people. A symbol, in and of itself is powerless, but with enough people behind it, not buying a pair of socks can change the world.

Put the notes together and you get the melody of my life.

I guess that's why people with new ideas, who go against the flow, always feel so alone. When you're going the opposite way from everyone else, it sure is creepy.

What made you continue when nobody believed in you?

Why don't we all just work with the system, who cares about the flaws, accept that life is what it is, screw creativity, screw progress, screw point of view.

Why is it when kids do it it's wrong, but when adults do it, it's alright?

Nations become extremely closed-minded and unreceptive to new ideas, isolating themselves and then warring when they can't resolve their bipolar conflicts.

If you wanted to be so damn uniform about it, why not just plug up everybody in this whole damn universe to a gigantic pulsing brain so that IT controls everything and everything and everyone will be exactly the SAME. Why must you humiliate, shun, repremand me, just because I am different?

If one could ignore everything else the book was trying to say, about life and religion and the quantum theory; about multipule universes and the original sin; about knives and compasses and spyglasses and honesty and trust and belief; then we'd be left with the most important thing of all: Love. And everything else would be inconsequential; what would matter most would be human being's ability to love.

I've gotten started thinking again, but I'm not going to put it here 'cos then people like Juzzie and Kwong are going to say I'm angsty again and etc.

-----

You know what? I don't think anybody really likes me. They're just putting up with me because they have to. After all this is over, and they don't have to be with me anymore, it's the perfect chance to get away, forget about everything else, only pay attention to new friends and forget the old ones.

I guess that's what I really hate about splitting friends. They ignore you for the rest of your life. Newer, better friends. It's like having a family member disown you.

Wonder what it's like to have a real family.
The Edna Man

No comments: