Friday, December 09, 2005

A Space Odyssey

[Quote of the post] Some journeys take you far from home. Some adventures lead you to your destiny.
[Song of the post] Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast

Arthur C. Clarke is truly the prophet of the space age. I only read 2001 and I'm halfway through 3001, but it's one of the best science-fiction novels I have ever read. I know there's a 2061; I'm trying to get my hands on that too.

The Odyssey series (the one's I've read, anyway) are excellent books. Clarke's description makes it seem like you're really in the world. And what a world it is! It's like... he's been thinking and thinking for days! He's like created a whole new world... complete with transportation, politics, art, philosophy... It's like J. K. Rowling and Harry Potter. I gotta learn to write like him. What's more, when he gets technical, it doesn't feel like he's being technical... maybe because it's because it's in the sci-fi genre... oh wells.

I've been browsing through deviantart recently. Some of those artists are just superb. It's sad that some really realistic artists don't get any credit these days. Most can't even find a job. For most, I guess it's just a hobby; but man! what a hobby! I dunno why, but for some reason I like creating something out of nothing; doing something no one else has done before.

Anyways, it's been 12 HBOT sessions and my hearing hasn't improved. So I'm off it, and taking vitamin B and some ginko tablets for two months instead. The alternative is a thousand-dollar brain-scan. I'll go with the ginko.

Nothing much to report... until next time then...

No comments: