Thursday, December 08, 2005

I had a dream...

[Quote of the post] When the world turns your back on you, you turn your back on the world. -Timon, The Lion King
[Song of the post] Part of your World - The Little Mermaid

I had a weird dream today. And when I say dream, I really mean nightmare. *shudders*

Okay, I forgot most of it, but I remember the freaky scary part. I remember that there's some killer or something who gave people second chances or something... but that's the vague part I don't remember so I'll skip that.

Then, somehow, I find myself aboard a terrorist bomb squad. I don't know why, but I remember packing my piano bag before that, and I remember that the car had some of my Silkair luggage bags in it. I remember that I was at the boot, helping a terrorist carry stuff, and I said, "Why do you want to bomb these people?" And the terrorist pulled out a gun and pointed it at my head.

As far as I could remember, I was a reluctant helper, so I didn't want to die. So the scene was all Hollywood drama type, when the bad guy's pointing a gun at his victim's head, and the victim's going like, "Please don't shoot me... c'mon... don't kill me..." But I guess the guy shot me, because I got cut-off mid-sentence and woke up with a start. I remember I drew a deep breath to remind myself that I was alive. The clock said five to five.

Okay, you say, it's a dream, it's over, stop worrying about it. Thing is, I never dream. NEVER. If you know about non-REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep, it's when your brain stops almost all activity... yeah, so I think I go through that, and I don't dream... I never wake up at night. I never woke so suddenly...

Another creepy thing was that the dream was so real... I woke up with my heart pounding... It was scary... It felt so real... I thought I'd died...

Creepy... Is it an omen? Am I seeing something in the future? Or maybe the past? Or was it just a dream...

Well, on to more light-hearted, less creepy things. Went to see the exhibit at Wheelock Place today with Zhang, Kev and Boey. The photographs were amazing; I can't believe that French person took 3 years to compile them. Some of the shots were spectacular. The exhibit was to reinforce the arts scene in Singapore, and to alert the public about the harm we are causing to the environment.

Funny thing is, the movie I watched today in Hyperbaric was also about the same thing. The Day after Tomorrow had the same theme: we're destroying all out natural resources too quickly. The exhibit said we are going through Earth's eighth worldwide extinction, and it's not meteors that did it, it's us. Humans.

What will it take for mankind to wake up from the delusion they live in. Our world is dying. Do you need massive tornadoes in Los Angeles, hailstorms in Tokyo, and superstorms all over the northern hemisphere which freezes everyone to death before you start conserving? Humans always needed drasticity to wake them up. If they did happen, don't say we didn't warn you. There's been thousands of people alerting you to the plight of our world, and even a movie with stunningly amazing effects to show you what might happen if we continue like this.

Remember, this planet is all we've got.

Mental Note of Movie I've Watched during HBOT:
  1. The Day after Tomorrow
  2. The Lion King
  3. Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
  4. The Medallion
  5. War of the Worlds
  6. Operation Desert Storm (Documentary)
  7. Batman Begins
  8. Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea
  9. Mission: Impossible
  10. Bourne Supremacy
  11. Shrek 2
  12. Incredibles

No comments: