Sunday, July 03, 2005

Alien Planet

[Quote of the post] It makes you wonder... are we really alone?
[Song of the post] I Like to Move It - Madagascar Soundtrack
[Site of the post] Alien Planet Virtual Tour

Wow. Discovery Channel has the best in educational programming. That's if you like that sort of stuff. If you're a skeptic or a Christian or both and don't believe in aliens, well, move your cursor to the top right hand corner of your screen and click "Next Blog".

Alien Planet was first shown in Singapore at 9pm on Sunday, July 3rd 2005. It's an amazing show where scientists predict what alien life would be like if they tried to look for it properly.

The simulation is set on Darwin IV, a planet in the Goldilocks Zone of a binary star system. Earth has sent a probe which, although traveling at one-fifth the speed of light, takes 42 years to reach Darwin IV.

I shan't tell anymore, but the CGI is absolutely amazing. The imagination it must have taken, together with the research is incredible. I'm... speechless, and I'm rarely speechless. >_>

Too bad the Wimbledon finals are on now. My bro who's more interested keeps switching channels during the advertisment breaks (which are very frequent, come to think of it) and I keep missing a few moments of the after-ad clips.

Ah, well... the site I recommended (not going to happen very often) is wonderful. It has data of all the creatures shown on the planet, the probes... it's all absolutely amazing. I would just like to say a big KUDOS to Discovery Channel for making this show a reality.

No comments: