Friday, November 26, 2004

Look Again Reviews

Yes, it's time once again for Look Again Reviews.

Look Again Reviews.
Because review really means to look again.

Well, there was this nice movie on at 11pm last night on the Disney channel. Don't ask me what I was doing up at 11pm. Actually, I think it was two nights ago, 11pm, and actually ended yesterday morning. At around 12:15.
Anyway, the movie was called The Country Bears. Technically, I'm not sure what the show was actually called, because I missed the first part. But it was still a good movie.
The movie's about this half-human, half-bear person... er... thing... called Barry Barrington (this is true, I didn't make his name up, however lame I may be) who lives with this human family. He finds out he's adopted and goes out to seek his destiny. His heroes are a band called "The Country Bears", and he decides to go to Country Bear Hall to seek his destiny.
When he arrives, Barry finds out that the place was going to be torn down. So he decides to get his favourite band back together to do a farewell concert to save the Hall. This is harder than it seems, with the bears being older and er... crankier... than they used to be.
A hilarious show, with great music and an all-star cast. Some you don't know, but the more popular ones you might are: Queen Latifah and Elton John.

OK, that's the story, now on to what I really want to rave about: the music.

The music was fantabulous, and I don't think that's even a word. The music choreographers and producers really did a bang-up job with this one. The show's soundtrack mixed country music and instruments with pop music, disco, and even a bit of rock. I bet few of you have ever seen a fiddle being used in a rock piece before? Well, it was, and it sounded great. Even if you think the idea of watching a movie about humans in bear suits is disturbing, I suggest just listening to the soundtrack. *sigh* I can't even type anymore. It's that good.

OK, see ya when I... er... blog again...?

No comments: