Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dream Sequence #002

Okay, hey, I just woke up from doing my math portfolio, and I had another awesome-ish dream that I don't want to forget.

If I remember correctly the Joker managed to capture a bunch of superheroes but I can't remember where or when or what for. I do remember it was in some wooden crate thing and all he was using to keep them in there was some demoralizing taunts. So there's this whole bunch of superheroes stuck in the wooden crate but one of them, a girl with completely blue skin (I don't have details; don't ask me) isn't affected by the demoralization and slips out "disguised" as Harlequin. I say "disguised" because she wasn't wearing different from her original costume (which looked like one of Santa's elves except it was red, not green - but heck, I'm colourblind). So in the corridor she meets the Joker and her "disguise" works; the Joker asks who she is, and she replies that she's Harlequin. Then (I remember this very distinctly) the Joker bends over to sniff her, and says, "Well, you do smell like Harlequin... off you go then." So she roams around the lair, which is (I think) some modern castle with marble handrails and stairs and solid oaken doors, and she's rummaging around the place for clues and stuff. I can't remember exactly but I have a vague idea of Joker's plans to do something with packaged food. So little blue elf girl is sneaking around and I remember she narrowly avoids another face-to-face with the Joker while darting down a corridor. Then the whole cinematic tension-building scene where she runs through rooms and corridors until she reaches an area which looks like a delivery area full of plain white delivery trucks and large blue vats of dark liquid, which is in darker shades (dark blues, clinical colours, etc.) than in the other parts of the dream, and she swerves around another confrontation with the Joker by avoiding eye-contact and slipping into the shadow of a nearby pillar and walking in the shadows (a la Golden Sun Cloak Ball Psynergy) annd I remember hearing something about "Yes Mr. Joker, the delivery is in place..." or something like that. But when she gets to the dark blue double doors and bursts through them, the Joker is standing there with Two-Face, and they both look sad; Two-Face is leaning on the Joker's shoulder and crying. I can't remember what the Joker said at this juncture but it was something about how disappointed he was with Harley for something, but then he pulls out a gun, so little blue elf girl starts running past him into a large room with a black-and-white mosiac tiling on the floor. All this is in first-person view at this point, so she hears the gunshot and she turns round to look; at the same time flipping backwards (Matrix style) so that the bullet just misses her and as she lands on the floor she catches the bullet, which is considerably more like a silver ammunition shell than a tiny bullet. So as she was lying there on the floor with the cold bullet in her hands and the sounds of sobbing echoing off the walls, I woke up.

Wouldn't it be cool if I just psychically saw some upcoming DC comics issue?
The Edna Man

No comments: