Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The Billion Dollar Question

I have just finished reading the book Q&A, reprinted as Slumdog Millionaire because of recent silver screen popularity. How did I find it?

a) I picked it up off the floor.
b) With a bloodhound and a magnifying glass.
c) Using a GPS and Google Maps.
d) Absolutely brilliant.

It is my great fortune to have been able to finish yet another unparalleled piece of storytelling. This novel by Vikas Swarup has completely blown me away. Aside from the insights it gives us about modern India, which I cannot claim anything about because I don't know how accurate the depiction is, it does show us a lot about human nature and life in general. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. I love the plot twists. There's even a cipher in one of the chapters. This book has everything.

Because luck comes from within,
The Edna Man

No comments: