Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Running of the Bulls

So I managed to get well by Chinese New Year and managed to eat all the awesome awesome stuff that only comes round once a year. This year's stash seems smaller that last year's though, and it's nothing compared to what we used to have maybe five, seven years ago? That was a CNY snack BONANZA.

Moove media is really capitalizing on what could be a once-in-twelve-years event. There are like, super-cows everywhere. My dad said their goodie bag came with two cans of Red Bull - another lucky opportunist.

I got better at Mahjong this year too. I love all the special winning hands with the long cool-sounding names, and I like all the colours on the tiles. I played at my aunt's house a bit, and then a bit more at Charmaine's house. Charmaine's grandparents are like, Mahjong masters. They had a lot of new diciples; Justin and Jun Siong and Guangda, who all seem like the type of people who know how to play Mahjong but they didn't, apparently. Neil is awesome at it though.

Well, I can't wait for next year's CNY, because that's the year of the TIGER and you all know what that means!

Happy Chinese New Year!
The Edna Man

No comments: