Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sometimes Love just ain't Enough

Some guy in Sec 3 committed suicide yesterday.

I think it's very wasted. From the information released, it sounded like an impulse suicide. Which isn't the best form of the art; as in, if you want to go out with a bang, doing it just to escape your problems isn't the best way to solve your problems. But if you're making a statement to the world, if suicide is the only option for people to notice you and take your message seriously, if your life is the price you're willing to pay to let the world know and hopefully change, then the death is less in vain. I'm not like, advocating suicide or anything; but if you really have to do it, then doing it for personal reasons isn't they way to go.

Here's a hypothetical question: if you're not connected to the world anymore, does that give you the right to release yourself from this plane of existence, instead of being forced to cling onto it due to societal conventions? Existential angst.

Student Council elections coming up. I find it very... wrong that just missing the camp/LYS automatically disqualifies you from the nomination process. It makes no sense; someone who's more appropriate for the job could miss the leadership position just because he's busy that day.

I... don't think I want to join Student Council. I doubt I'm charasmatic enough, and I lack one of the seventeen essential qualities: school pride. But seriously, I'm now even less inclined to participating in an organization. It feels so claustrophobic. I seriously don't want to do it if all it does is look good an a CV. Wonder how many people have that as sole reason.

Love, actually.
The Edna Man

No comments: