Monday, September 19, 2005

Arr!

[Quote of the post] Ahoy thar! Be wishin' all ye landlubbers a Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!
[Song of the post] Pirates of the Carribean - Disney


My pirate name is:
Mad Davy Kidd
Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!


You Are A Pirate!


You Are A Pirate!

What Type Of Swashbuckler Are You?
brought to you by Maddog Varuka & Dawg Brown

Arrr! Them landlubbers these days, nobody be takin' Talk like a Pirate Day seriously. I'd be writin' me captain's blog, and I'd be thinkin', why? TLAP Day be introduced in 1995 by an olde column writer. It be a day to be havin' fun, yellin', "Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum!" while ye take a swig from ye water bottle, or call ye shipmates "landlubber" or "scalawag" or other piratey stuff. It be the only day where ye might acutally find such fine words like "swashbuckler" or "buccaneer" or "keelhaul" bein' used in normal conversation. It be saddening. Shiver me timbers.

Aye, I'd be makin' some names for the salty sea-dogs in me crew aboard the Naphtali. I'd be Cap'n Klow, and this is me crew roll-call:
  1. (Red) Herrrick
  2. Cutlass Kwong (Arrr, this be less murderous)
  3. Scalawag Shaun, Sailor of ye Seven Seas (and with ye olde alliteration)
  4. Black-Eyed Josh
  5. Two-Eyed Gid
  6. Jun Yi the Spiky one
  7. Darrrell
  8. Jarrrel
  9. Bryan Blackbeard
  10. Peg-Leg Peter
  11. Untuck Job
That be all I can remember.

Aye, I'd be in a service apartment now. Me olde house be undergoin' upgradin', and me new house be undergoin' construction. So I'd be stuck here for a month. It be like a hotel, so it ain't too like-the-brig.

It be hard throwin' away me olde nicknacks. Me new house be havin' new furniture, so me olde chairs and sofa had to go. Aye, not even for a couple of dubloons. Given away. Me dad's own plunder.

Arrr, me be disheartened nobody be speakin' like a swashbuckler on TLAP Day. Ye olde language of the pirates be lost forever. May me cap'n's blog be a reminder to all ye people, landlubbers or buccaneers, who tried to make a difference by doin' somethin' out o' the ordinary. Aye salute you. And, Arrr, have a jolly Talk like a Pirate Day, or at least what's left of it. Arrr.

No comments: