Thursday, June 26, 2014

40 Days of Summer (in Japan) - Part Nijuukyuu

Linus and Xim invited me today to try one of the excellent ramen places on the street between Waseda and Takadanobaba, the next nearest train station on the line. We arrived really early, at around 11.30am, because there would be a huge queue if you got there late. And of course, there was already a long line outside the shop when we arrived.

After about twenty minutes, we finally made it into the tachigui, and after squeezing past harried customers I ordered a 1,000-yen specialty combo, which looked amazing when it came:

Sluuurp.

The ramen was amazing. The pork was a bit fatty but the chicken - I have no idea how to cook chicken like that. The slices literally melted in your mouth. And the soup was delicious; Linus said it was too salty, but I thought it was great.

Lots of architecture in class today, and I missed one of the readings so I had no idea what was going on. Spent a lot of time thinking about improv stuff and attempting to do research for my essay and procrastinating by thinking up ideas for improv stuff.


No comments: