Tuesday, January 03, 2006

First Day of School

[Quote of the post] "School is like a drug. A nasty, non-cocaine-like one albeit, but a drug nevertheless..." -Manga Freak
[Song of the post] Diamond Dust Drops - Hop Step Jump

What is it with science-fiction writers and their superb writing? Dang, I'm only halfway through Ender's Game and already I can't put it down. The plot, the description, the characterization... all amazing. It's better than any fantasy story I've ever read. Any sci-fi I've read so far surpasses all expectations. It's like, they're at the exceptional section of the writing social circle. o_O And the foreword was wonderfully written as well; it's so amazing, and I actually understand and agree with everything the author says. And Jarrel can memorize the first chapter! Unbelieveable. I seriously recommend Ender's Game to anyone and everyone in need of a good book.

Ah well. First day of school. Not too bad. Got some quite nice teachers this year. Let's just say I'm so glad I chose Geography instead of Bio. Ms. Sim seems like a nice, friendly teacher.

And of course, first day of school, Doctor Ong has to make an hour-long speech about how good the school is and etc. Gaah, they didn't even turn on the air-con; I almost fell asleep.

Yay, and no homework. Yet. That allows me to read Ender's Game, and do some drawing and colouring. ^-^

K, that's it. Have a nice year, everybody.

No comments: