Sunday, October 04, 2015

Epistle to the Heavenites


1 Dear God,  

2 Here’s another prayer
You’re not going to answer.
But it’s okay,
because I forgive You.

3 I forgive You
for telling a guy to commit infanticide
just to prove his faith;
it’s nothing personal, it’s just mythology.

4 I forgive You
for the divine battles fought under Your banner
and the holy blood spilled in Your name;
it’s nothing personal, it’s just history.

5 I forgive You
for the hurricanes and earthquakes,
for water-filled lungs and bodies buried beneath buildings;
it’s nothing personal, it’s just geography.

6 I forgive You
for the donations and tithes
that gild the Pope’s throne in gold;
it’s nothing personal, it’s just business.

7 I forgive You
for emphasising belief so much
that people don’t stop to think;
it’s nothing personal, it’s just psychology.

8 But most of all,
I forgive You
for taking her away from me.

9 Amen,
Kevin

----------

So I wrote a poem for class the other day. Always wanted to write something like this.

No comments: