Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cyclops

So I tried wearing my eyepatch today for the "wacky tacky" dress code event thing today. I am very surprised by the results.

After only one and a half hours of not using my left eye (which has historically been my better eye), I cannot see clearly with it,, even with my glasses. My right eye works fine. I think when I use both, my brain compensates with the view from my right eye to let me resolve words. With my left eye everything is a blur.

It's scary that it takes such little time for your brain to let go of something. I can't imagine what it would be like if I left the eye-patch on the whole day. Or if I blindfolded myself for a whole day. What would sight be like after I took off the blindfold,I wonder.

I am now going to take a short nap to see if that cures the problem. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Let's see how it goes.

Can't tell if I'm winking or blinking,
The Edna Man

No comments: