Saturday, May 30, 2009

Superpower

Have you ever wished that you had superpowers? That you could do things no ordinary man could do. Control fire, bend space and time, leap tall buildings with a single bound? Powerful stuff.

I realized today, that if I could have a superpower, this is what I would want: the power to absorb a book with a single touch. And photographic memory. Just imagine: I could walk through a bookstore, running my finger along the shelves, and I'd have my own personal library. Rows upon rows of stories, encyclopaedias, journals, artbooks, graphic novels... I'd reach out a psionic hand, pull a book down, and start reading. Anytime, anywhere. When teachers get boring, I'd be able to flip through a thriller. Or on the bus. A whole reference section for exams. Hundreds of tomes, stored in my head. Wouldn't that be a blast?

All I need is to live in Kinokuniya.
The Edna Man

No comments: