Sunday, June 22, 2008

Of Consciousness and knowing that you know that he knows that you know etc.

I'm supposed to be doing my English Essay now. But you know the Law of Distractability...

Anyways I was reading some other people's blogs and I was just wondering. If the people who write these things are conscious of the impact of what they're saying on other people who read it. If they can understand or at least vaguely predict what the response of a number of more well-known associates would be like after this post. Does it impact their writing? Will it cause them to censor some things? Or bring out others? Or is it just: I've got a good idea and I'm not sure what my friends would say about it but it'd be good to know so I'll post it on my blog and see what they say.

Does the importance of the statement outweigh its inherent corniness? Or the other way around?

Meh. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about Herrick's cat; (s)he was really cute even if (s)he didn't do much.

Jx's conversation with his anonymous friend was rather intriguing. I'm probably not serious enough to have conversations like that. "Ironically, armies exist because other countries' armies exist." Gotta love that line.

I can't believe school's starting again. I feel like I need a holiday to relax after this infernal "name-is-a-lie" one.

What is it about the Singaporean environment and mentality that causes us to be like this? Money, power, pursuit of happyness... I've got all these friends who're seriously mugging their brains out and I see them say things like "I haven't done any studying today I'm so screwed". My god, even guilt has been programmed into them so perfectly that anything deviating from the so-called "desired path" causes a severe system backlash.

I've been really influenced by comics recently. DC's Infinite Crisis event was totally awesome, and I guess I learnt a lot more about people and life. Kinda ironic, isn't it? Learning about reality from fiction?

Sigh. Back to work I guess. 24 month jail term.

Counting down to Final Crisis (tomorrow),
The Edna Man

No comments: