Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dream Sequence #003

Okay, so I just woke up and I had this dream, of which I can only remember half. All I remember was wandering through some spookily-lit shopping mall, with the Joker (again) on the loose somewhere. I vaguely remember walking past Darrell Neo, because I recognized his super-white glasses, and thinking that he (the Joker) must not have been able to catch up since he was behind Darrell and Darrell was on the other side of the site under construction and/or rennovation (in the mall).

Then I bump into one of the other weird villain wannabes, this batty old lady called the Frightler, which is vaguely traumatizing, but she just carries a large blue cardboard box with a bunch of random junk, which isn't quite deadly. So anyway she thinks it's cool to come threaten me, and pokes the corner of the box under my chin like a gun (I remember another lady passing by just hold up her hands in surrender and walking by nonchalantly at this point) and the Frightler introduced herself and made some scathing remarks about her being better than the Joker, etc. etc. She must have been quite insane, no matter what.

Anyway, she mentions something about "What type of idiot goes around with a yo-yo with 'The Joker' printed on it?!" and in that split second you know something is horribly wrong, I spotted the yo-yo in the matted bunch of junk in the box.

So like any self-preserving civilian, I jump to the side as it explodes dramatically, landing behind a row of plastic seats with shrapnel and fire licking the floor all around me. So with my head in my hands and my eyes squinted shut, I hear that familiar Heath Ledger voice who mutters, "One more hapless victim of the Batman," and I feel that hand on my shoulder.

Then I woke up 'cos I needed to pee.
The Edna Man

No comments: