Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Time

[Quote of the post] Merry Christmas.
[Song of the post] All I want for Christmas is You - Various
[Other song of the post] Streets of London - Ralph McTell
[Poem of the post] The Christmas Wish

It's that time of year again. Christmas.

It's been another year. And once again I've read through the archives. The deterioration is evident. The soul; it is dying. Slowly, but surely, it is dying. It is losing the will to live.

Time. It is the basis of existence. It just keeps on running and running on and nothing can stop it. And it changes. It changes things, ideas, people. The strong, those that succeed, they are not fazed by change. The weak, they fall.

I do not like myself. Although everyone else thinks that I'm better than them. That I have things they don't. That after they have something, they cannot be content with it, and always see what other people have that they don't. Whoops, I'm talking about myself again.

One can argue that without this discontent mankind would have never reached past a million years of existence. And here we are today. Progressively moving forward because we cannot be content with what we have.

I do not want to get older. I see no benefits. I see no purpose. In short, I am afraid of change. For what has been done, is comfortable. And I like it, I do not wish to move from it, into the unknown, into that which all humans fear.

My mind is matured. Advanced for a fifteen-year-old. Unsuitable for a child's soul. I do no want to grow up. I want to be a kid forever.

When you're young, you can hug your best friend. When you're and adult, you're gay.
When you're young, you have imagination. When you're an adult, it's called computer-game-addiction.
When you're young, it's called creativity. When you're an adult, if it's not making money, it's a waste of time.
When you're young and you say something, you're observant. When you're old and you say something, you're identified as an opposition member.

Time is changing the world. Time is changing me. My mind is coming to terms with my physical age. I have often felt the urge to do something that I wasn't supposed to, but it has never been this strong. Not the sort of bad things you're thinking about, but things that you're not supposed to do according to what society says. It urges me to do what I feel, not think, is right. Even if it is unconventional.

Convention. Procedure. Beurocracy. One of the reasons that mankind has perpetuated itself is because it broke free of the constraints of tradition. We have a word for it. It's called pioneering. People are not weird, or strange. They're pioneers. They're doing what all you other people are scared of even trying.

As I look back into my archives, I realize that one of my questions is still unanswered. It you click the link at the top of this post it will direct you to a poem I wrote last Christmas. I asked a question in that post. If you had one Christmas wish, what would you wish for. I want to answer this. Someone. Everyone. Whoever chances upon this and reads this question, ask youself, what would you wish for. Then, please, honestly as you can, tell me what it is. Give me a reason to live. It may be the most important Christmas gift you have ever given.

The year comes to a close again. Time is lost, forever. The only way, is forward.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

No comments: