Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Choices

[Quote of the post] “There’ll come a moment for you to do the right thing.” –Elizabeth Swan
“I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.” –Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
[Song of the post] Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack

There’ll come a moment for me to do the right thing.

Choices are hard. Choosing is essentially putting something above another. And… I… just…can’t… do… that… x_x

But decisions have to be made. You can’t walk both paths at the same time. One has to be chosen over the other. To be put in priority while the other shifted back, away from the spotlight.

This is the second decision I’ve been torn apart over in the last two months. (Torn apart meaning I’ve spent more than ten minutes contemplating this; doesn’t count angsting.) The first one was a struggle; a struggle between the needs of six other people and my own needs. I chose my own. I still don’t know if it was the right thing to choose.

Second one was today. This one was about two different people’s needs, not my own. I had to choose one. I did. The person not chosen; he says it’s okay. But I can feel that it’s not okay. I still don’t know if it was the right thing to choose.

There’ll come a moment. Do the right thing.

--------------------

Dead Man’s Chest was AWESOME. Loved the plot, loved the characters, loved the effects, loved the dialogue, the humour, the twists… simply great stuff. I’m booking my World’s End tickets now, if you don’t mind.

No comments: